What to Know About Alarm Permits
Updated Feb. 2019. This page will be updated as we receive news of changes to permit regulations and ordinances.
At Advanced Security Systems keeping you secure is our top priority. Depending on where you live, you may be required to register your alarm and pay a permit fee. If you need assistance filling out your alarm permit application, please feel free to contact our office toll-free at 1-877-443-6366.
City of Arcata Residents
Alarm permits are required for all alarm systems within the City of Arcata, except those affixed to vehicles.
- • Alarm permits must be renewed annually for a $20 fee.
- • Applications are available online at https://www.cityofarcata.org/230/Permits-Licenses or by visiting the Arcata Police Department office at 736 F Street, Arcata, CA 95521.
City of Eureka Residents
Beginning in 2019, the City of Eureka is expanding the enforcement of its alarm permit ordinance. Residents are required to register all existing alarm and pay a $20 permit fee.
- •Residents can register and pay alarm permit fees online here.
- •For more information, visit the City of Eureka website at http://fams.wincitex.com/City/eureka or contact the Eureka Police Department business line at (707) 441-4060.
Humboldt County Residents
All residents of Humboldt County’s unincorporated areas are required to file an alarm permit. The permits are covered by the Humboldt County Alarm Ordinance that was enacted by the County Board of Supervisors in 1991 (County Code 916).
- •Permits cost $50 for the first two years and $25 after that.
- •Residents are allowed 3 false alarms every six months. False alarms beyond that will incur a $50 fine per incident. For more information, contact the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Administrative Services Bureau at 707-445-7251 or visit https://humboldtgov.org/341/Forms-Permits.